Coding Workforce Shortfall Report November 2010 (AIHW)
Concern about the shortfall in the coding workforce in Australia has been raised in a number of national fora. This report seeks to quantify the scope of the existing shortfall, to project future numbers required to cover increasing demands, and to provide a consolidated set of recommendations to address the issues identified. For the purposes of this report, the coding workforce has been described as comprising Health Information Managers, Clinical Coders and Costing Specialists.
Click on link to go to report.
NCCH/ACCD Website & Classification Information Portal (CLIP)
The National Centre for Classification in Health (NCCH) is the lead organisation in the Australian Consortium for Classification development (ACCD), who in collaboration with the University of Western Sydney (UWS) and KPMG are responsible for the development of the ‘Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG) Classification System’; which encompasses both ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and AR-DRGs.
From the ACCD website, you can:
- Access online education and coding exercises
- View general information about ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and AR-DRG
- View ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS guidelines for queries and public submissions
- View AR-DRG guidelines for public submissions
- View Code it! Newsletters
- Download documents (Errata, Chronicle etc.)
Also follow the link on the ACCD website, to access the ACCD Classification Information Portal (CLIP). This is a web-based information system that will allow you, after registering to:
- Lodge and view public submissions for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS or AR-DRG
- Manage your contact details
- View (and print) online Coding Rules and Clinical Updates
It is important to register and keep your contact details up to date in CLIP in order to receive ongoing communication from ACCD.
Purchase of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and AR-DRG Related Products
Please visit the IHPA Product Sales website: http://ar-drg.laneprint.com.au/
See also their Frequently Asked Questions page. http://ar-drg.laneprint.com.au/faq/